Dev Kyara is a high altitude meadow located in the Sankri range of Uttarakhand. Located parallel to the Har ki Dun Valley, Dev Kyara Trek takes you to the massive 4 km wide meadow of Dev Kyara at an altitude of 4100M nestled between the Rupin and Supin Valleys. Being an easy trek, the Dev Kyara Trek gives trekkers a chance to explore one of the most untouched and pristine trails in the Western Garhwal Himalayas with awe-inspiring views of Ranglana, Daowdu, Black Peak, Bandarpoonch, Kedar Dome and Swargarohini. This trek allows you to explore two pristine areas of the Garhwal Himalayas, namely the Obra Gad Valley and the Dev Kyara Bugyal while giving you glimpses of traditional Himalayan villages rich in culture. Taking you on a trail alongside the roaring Dibra Gad river, a tributary of Supin river, through dense pine and oak forests, the valley opens to mesmerizing views of the surrounding vistas with the trail laded with colorful flowers, wild mushrooms and wild strawberries. Camping at the Dev Kyara meadow at the foot of the majestic Rangnala Peak with delicious views of Daowdu, and several other unnamed peaks is a treat for trekkers. Considered as a good alternative to the relatively easier Har ki Dun, this trek must be in the bucket list of those who intend to explore something not tainted by crowds. This trek can be done in the pre-monsoon months of mid-May to June and the post-monsoon months from September to November, however, the monsoon months of July and August must be avoided
Day 1: Arrive in Sankri
Day 2: Sankri to Boincha (3 hrs Drive). Boincha (6762 ft) to Obra (7641 ft) - 3.4 km, 3 hrs Trek
Day 3: Obra (7644 ft) to Bhawa Waterfall (11,234 ft) - 8.13 km, 7 hrs
Day 4: Bhawa Waterfall (11,234 ft) to Dev Kyara (13,451 ft) - 5 km, 5 hrs
Day 5: Explore Dev Kyara and back to Bhawa Waterfall Campsite (11,234 ft) - 5 km, 5 hrs Trek
Day 6: Bhawa Waterfall (11,234 ft) to Boincha (6762 ft) - 12 km, 6 hrs Trek. Boincha to Sankri - 3 hrs drive.
Day 7: Depart from Sankri. Drive to Dehradun.
- Food as per menu on the trekking days
- Forest Permits/Camping Charges, if any (upto the amount charged for Indian nationals)
- Tents, Sleeping bags, Sleeping mats as required
- Safety Equipment includes static rescue rope, seat harness, carabiners, pulleys
- Trek guide, cook, helpers, and porters for carrying common supplies
- Mountaineering course certified Trek Leader with Wilderness Emergency Responder & Rescue. course from NIM Uttarkashi
What's Not Included
- Portage of personal bags during the trek
- Cost of any kind of Travel Insurance.
- Any Expense of personal nature.
- Any Expense not specified in the inclusions list
- Meals during road journeys
- Transportation from Dehradun to Sankri and back to Dehradun.