Deoriatal Chandrashila is one trek that gives so much in exchange for so little. This easy, year-long trek treats you to a mythological story about the journey of the Pandavas (of the Mahabharat fame!) at every corner and rewards you with the best views of the giants in the Garhwal range of the Himalayas. The climax of this trek is made of clear and unobstructed views of giants such as the Gangotri range of mountains, Thalaysagar, Nanda Devi, Bandarpoonch, Chaukhamba, Kedar Dome, Kedarnath, and Trishul to name a few. If you are new to trekking, this trek will introduce you to all the splendor of the mighty Himalayas as it generously reveals all the natural beauty and mythological secrets for you to witness.
There are some very distinct high points on the trails of this trek which take you to a maximum height of 3,700M. First is the clear waters of Deoriatal which hold the entire scenery within its boundary by creating a mirror image of the snow-covered mountains and lush green landscape – it’s like the entire world in the landscape as far as your eye can see is trapped in its emerald waters. The second is the Tunganath Temple which, according to some sources literally translates to ‘Lord of the Peaks’, is the highest of the five Panch Kedar temples of the Rudraprayag district. If you want to dive deeper beyond its beauty, its rich mythological history with powerful stories that add to the strong vibes of the stone structure of the temple remains to wait to be explored. And the third of the course is the Chandrashila Top which at 3,700M offers splendid views all around.
If you are looking for a short break and want to walk the lands walked by the giants from our epics, this is the trek you want to bring yourself to, because who doesn’t like beauty with a pinch of history or is it history with a valley-full of beauty?!
- Day 1: Dehradun (640M) to Sari Village (2,000M)
- Day 2: Sari (2,000M) to Deoriatal (2,400M)
- Day 3: Deoriatal (2,400M) to Baniya Kund (2,600M) via Rohini Bugyal
- Day 4: Baniya Kund (2,600M) to Chandrashila (3,700M) via Tunganath to Baniya Kund (2,600M)
- Day 5: Baniya Kund (2,600M) to Dehradun (640M) via Sari (2,000M)
- Meals (Veg+ Eggs) during the trek starting dinner on Day 1 till morning tea on Day 6
- Forest Permits/Camping Charges. Included only upto amount charged for Indian Nationals
- Trek Equipment: Sleeping Bag, Mattress, Camping Tent on Twin sharing, Toilet Tent, Kitchen & Dinning Tent
- Trek guide, cook, helpers, porters & mules for carrying common luggage
- Services of a Mountaineering Certified Trek Leader
- Safety equipment & micro spikes- gaiters (if required).
What's Not Included?
- Meals during road journeys
- Transportation from Dehradun to Sari and back to Dehradun.
- Carriage of Personal Bags (offloading) during the trek.
- Any kind of Outdoor Insurance covering emergency evacuation.
- Any expense of personal nature.
- Any expense not specified in the inclusion list.