5 Eco-friendly Substitute for Plastic Bags For Trekkers
It’s the monsoon season and the arguably the best time to trek in the Sahyadris, where everything is lush green and the views are magical from most of these treks.
But with the monsoon treks comes a challenge of staying dry on these treks. It’s almost impossible to keep yourself dry but it’s important to keep your valuables such as phones, cameras, wallets and other electronic items and spare clothes dry. It helps you to avoid any discomfort and enjoy these monsoon treks even more without worrying about your belongings.
Earlier the best way was to make use of easily available plastic bags to wrap all your belongings in it but now with the recent ban on the use of plastic bags to protect the environment has made it difficult, here is a list of substitute for plastic bags which can be used by the trekkers to keep themselves and their belongings dry on a monsoon trek in the Sahyadris.
- Dry bags: These bags are one of the best options to keep all your belongings dry on a monsoon treks. You can keep your electronic items, clothes and sleeping bags in these bags and trek without worrying about them getting dry. They are available in different sizes. Check out these dry bags.
- Silicone Bags: These bags are best to store your food on a trek. You can carry your homemade food in these bags and not worry about them getting wet. They can also be used for keeping wallets, spare cash, cards etc. Also, they are reusable. They are available on platforms like Flipkart & Amazon.
- Biodegradable Bags: These bags look almost similar to plastic bags but are made out of natural cornstarch. Many bags are also made from paper and organic materials. Check out BioGreen & Envi Green to buy these bags. They are also available on platforms like Flipkart & Amazon.
- Microfiber Towels: These aren’t substitutes for any plastic items but they will definitely help you to stay dry and because of its quick-dry facility they are ideal for monsoon treks. Checkout Travoost for such towels.
- Stainless Steel Bottles: These are another good substitute for plastic bottles, although maybe a bit costly and heavy but are durable, safe and can carry both hot/cold water.
Note: None of the items mentioned above is in anyway sponsored. If you have any such more information or have any queries, please feel free to contact us. 🙂